Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Group 3 Info.

Group 3: Thursday at 6:oo p.m. 

Hi there! I'm just jotting down some basic web-info on feminism.


  1. (Phase One) 1880's-1928 Women's suffrage in the UK and the US. 
  2. (Phase Two) 1960's-1980's  issues of equality and ending discrimination. (After WWII) Tends to leave out the poor and minorities.
  3. (Phase Three) 1990's Response to perceived failures of second wave feminism. (Sexual harassment issues). (After Anita Hill lost the court battle) (inclusion of all women in all countries with all different types of status)
  4. (Phase Four) Is currently being constructed.

We might use major feminist issues like...
  • Declaration of Independence
  • Literacy
  • Voting
  • WWI and WWII
  • Abortion (Roe vs Wade)
  • Black women's rights
  • The Workplace
  • The home
  • The schools
  • Earned Wages
  • Lesbianism
  • Christianity (All religions)
  • socioeconomics
Chisholm's campaign slogan, "unbought and unbossed,"

Feminist leaders:
Sappho
Mary Wollenstonecraft
Anita Hill
Sojourner Truth
Rosa Parks
Betty Friedan
Rebecca Walker


Madwoman in the Attic- book about feminism. Women's power and ability.
We might do something fun that involves referring to Chris (Gubert and Gilbar) (who must be in the first phase of feminism) about something in their book. We also already have, as she has mentioned, bell hooks in our group, who it seems to me might be in the third phase of criticism??? Please correct me if I am wrong.

I erased our phone numbers because it finally dawned on me that this blog is on the Internet. Sorry about that.  Sometimes I am quite dense. Should I erase the last names too? Let me know.

I erased everything.  I think we know who is in our group by now.  Okay, see you guys later.

No comments: